The Unitarian Universalist Association Board meets, starting this Thursday (tomorrow). Two congregations have applied for membership.
- Open Door Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Owensboro, Kentucky. It was organized in 2013 with nine members and applied for membership with 36 members about a month ago.
- St. Croix Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin. It was organized in 2012 with sixteen members and applied for membership with 41 members about a month ago.
This is better news than the January Board meeting. But I can’t help that observe that these candidate members:
- It takes about three years to go from launch (not inception) to membership.
- That new members are rarely much larger that the thirty-member minimum.
- Both of the candidates are named “fellowship,” a term that for many years out of favor.
Also, the emerging Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ashtabula County, (archived site) Ashtabula, Ohio, is no more.